Deploying Seafile under Linux
Here we describe how to deploy Seafile from prebuild binary packages.
Deploy Seafile in Home/Personal Environment
Deploy Seafile in Production/Enterprise Environment
In production environment we recommend using MySQL as the database and config Seafile web behing Nginx or Apache. For those who are not familiar with Nginx and Apache. We recommend Nginx, since it is easier to config than Apache.
We provide three ways to deploy Seafile services:
- Using Docker
- Using installation script
- Manually installing Seafile and setting up database, memcached and Nginx/Apache. See the following section.
Install Seafile manually
- Deploying Seafile with MySQL
- Config Seahub with Nginx
- Enabling Https with Nginx
- Config Seahub with Apache
- Enabling Https with Apache
- Add Memcached, adding memcached is very important if you have more than 50 users.
- Start Seafile at System Bootup
- Firewall settings
LDAP and AD integration
Single Sign On
Seafile supports a few Single Sign On authentication protocols. See Single Sign On for a summary.
Other Deployment Issues
Check configuration options for server config options like enabling user registration.
- Read Seafile Server Components Overview to understand how Seafile server works. This will save you a lot of time.
- Common Problems for Setting up Server
- Go to our forum for help.