Install Seafile Server as a Windows Service
Why you may want to install Seafile Server as a Windows service
- Seafile Server can keep on running after all users logout
- When system boots up, Seafile Server would start running even if no user has logged in
Install as a service
- Right click the tray icon, choose Install as a Windows service
yesin the propmted dialog
If the operation succeeds, A dialog would be prompted saying Successully installed seafile service.
Verify Seafile Server already running as a Windows service
- Logout the current user
- Visit seahub from another computer. If the seahub website can still be visited, Seafile server is already running as a Windows server
How to start the tray icon after installing as a service
If you have installed seafile server as a service, it would run automatically in the background the next time you boot your system. However, the tray icon would not appear automatically when a user logins in.
To start the tray icon, just doule click the
run.bat file in the folder
Uninstall Seafile Server Windows service
If you want to uninstall the Seafile Server service:
- Right click the tray icon, choose "Uninstall Windows service"
- Choose "yes" in the propmted dialog