Download and Setup Seafile Windows Server
Install Python 2.7.11 32bit
- Download and install python 2.7.11 32bit
- Add the installation path of python2.7 to the system PATH environment variable. If you installed python 2.7 to
C:\Python27to the PATH environment variable.
Warning: Be sure to use Python 2.7.13 32bit. 64bit and other versions don't work.
Download/Uncompress Seafile Server
- Get the latest version of Seafile Server program
- Create a new folder to store seafile program, such as
C:\SeafileProgram\. Please remember the location of the folder, we'll use it later.
Now you have a folder like this:
C:\SeafileProgram |__ seafile-server-5.1.3
Start Seafile Server
Go to the folder
C:\SeafileProgram\seafile-server-5.1.3\, and double click run.bat to start Seafile Server. You should notice a seafile icon appear in the system tray.
Choose a disk to store Seafile Server data
If there is more than one disk available, you will now be prompted a with dialog to choose the disk on which to store the data of seafile server.
- Please choose a disk with enough free space
- Once you have clicked the OK button, Seafile will create a folder named seafile-server on the disk you have chosen. This is the data folder for Seafile Server. For example, if you choose disk D, your data folder will be
Add an admin account
Right click the tray icon of Seafile Server and choose Add an admin account. Input your admin username and password in the dialog prompt.
If the operation is successful, the tray icon will show a bubble saying Successfully added the admin account
Configure Seafile Server
After initialization, there are some options that need to be configured:
- Right click the tray icon, choose Open seafile-server folder. Your seafile-server data folder will open.
Open the file
conf/ccnet.confand modify the following line. (You can also modify SERVICE_URL via web UI in "System Admin->Settings". Warning: if you set the value both via Web UI and ccnet.conf, the setting via Web UI will take precedence.)
SERVICE_URL = XXX
Change the value of
http://<your ip address>:8000. Say the ip address of your windows server is 192.168.1.100, then change it to
SERVICE_URL = http://192.168.1.100:8000
After the edit, right click tray icon and choose Restart seafile
Open your browser and visit
http://127.0.0.1:8000. Login with the admin account. If you can login, the initialization is successful.
Seafile Server configuration is complete. Please see the Seafile Client Manual for how to use the client.